It’s getting very cold now that winter is progressing so I thought I’d bring you this one! This recipe is a no brainer and cannot go wrong, it can be a little spicy due to the curry powder but once milk and cream is added it really takes off the edge. A hearty, creamy and relatively healthy Pumpkin soup requires hardly any attention with this easy recipe.
1/2 a butternut pumpkin
2 large potatos
1 large brown onion
3 teaspoons of olive oil
2 teaspoons of curry powder
500mL of reduced salt chicken stock
1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
100mL of milk
light sour cream to serve
- Peel the pumpkin and the potatoes, then chop them roughly into 3cm cubes.
- Finely dice the onion and set aside in a separate bowl.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry the onion until it is transparent, add the curry powder and fry for 2 minutes. (during this stage feel free to deglaze the pan with some water because curry powder really sticks)
4. Add the potato and pumpkin and fry for a further 3 minutes before adding the stock and salt. Bring to the boil then simmer while covered for 30-40 minutes
5. Whiz with a stick mixer untill smooth, stir through the milk. Serve with sour cream. Serves 4-5I hope you enjoyed this recipe, I find it so easy because there is very little preparation and it takes less than an hour to cook! Thank you everyone for your support, thanks for leaving a like and feel free to comment any questions or suggestions!