We all know it has been far too long without a blog post from me, being a 16 year old kid tends to get in the way! But that’s enough excuses!
Thank you Miss Hannah Jayne for inspiring me to write again. Its coming into summer now (In Australia), and that means Christmas time, this recipe is perfect for entertaining on the holiday period. And even better. Its super healthy! Here it is.
- 3 Medium carrots
- 3 Medium cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon truffle oil (olive oil is an alternative)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Peel and end carrots before cutting into 1 inch thick rounds, place the chopped carrots into an oven dish with a lid.
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves, add them to the oven dish with the truffle oil, cumin and thyme. Put the lid on the dish and toss the mixture thoroughly.
- Place the dish in the oven for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven.
- Using tongs, remove the 3 cloves of garlic and the 3 sprigs of thyme. (Thyme leaves are okay to leave in but not the stalks).
- Put the cooked carrot into a flat bottomed bowl.
- Blitz with a stick mixture until a coarse paste is formed, with a spoon mix in the salt. (Yes, at this point it looks like baby food)
- Serve with some water crackers or Turkish bread.
I hope you guys love this one just as much as me, its delectably creamy and gets it natural sweetness from the carrots, furthermore it’s SUPER HEALTHY!
If you have any questions or feedback I’d love to hear what you have to say just write to me in the comments and feel free to leave a like 😀
I am not promoting any of the above products and all of these recipes are my own.